Jamieson Health Center
January 24, 2012
Volume 4, Number 1
Dear Patients and Friends,
It’s that time of the year again when many of us make resolutions to improve the things we can control in our lives. That could mean a resolution to avoid something negative, increase something positive, or simply to improve something. Whether a goal is lofty or easily within reach, it’s never too late to get started.
For many of us, the new year is the perfect time to detoxify our bodies, to lose weight, to increase our energy and to begin to eat healthier. You can lose 10-20 pounds in three weeks and also the bags under your eyes (without a plastic surgeon) as a bonus just by following a simple, short and easy to follow 3-week purification program*.
Let’s face it, your diet and environment are loaded with toxins, chemicals and poisons. Your body usually does a pretty good job of eliminating those toxins via its built-in detoxification mechanisms. Those include the stomach, small intestines, liver, kidneys, bowels, lymph system, skin and more. When your detoxification systems become sluggish, you begin to suffer: headaches, weight gain, chronic fatigue, poor digestion, food cravings, brain fog, low sex drive, reduced mental clarity, troubled sleep and finally disease.
By enhancing your body’s built-in detoxification mechanisms, you are enhancing your health. Just be careful what kind of detoxification program you choose. They are all expensive but not always effective. They can fool you because they cause frequent bowel movements, diarrhea, or lots of urination that you may mistake as detoxification.
There is a safe, effective and inexpensive way to “clean up your system”. It only takes 3 weeks. In addition, you will also lose extra weight, look better and have more energy. During the same time, you will gain a new understanding about foods, diet, and detoxification leading to long-term weight control and better health.
Our purification program provides real whole-food phytonutrients, which enhance all avenues of detoxification including phase 1 AND phase 2 liver detoxification. They are built into supplements that can be taken with healthy meals and powders that can be blended into delicious shakes. It is easy and comes with simple instructions and recipes, as well as daily emails to support you through the process.
I do it, my wife does it and many patients have done it. So you can do it too. And better yet: we are offering a Group Detox program starting on February 18th . When you sign up by January 31th 2012, you will receive a $50 discount on the entire 21-Day Purification Program*.
Start the year with a healthy resolution. Purify and see what happens! You will not only transform your body but also your life!
Yours in good health,
Dr. Samuel Jamieson, D.C.
Register for the Group Detox program today and receive $50 OFF *.
Call our office today at 408-517-0706 to register for our Group Detox program and receive your $50 discount*.
The cost for this program is $275 if you register by
January 31st 2012(regular price is $325).
The program start date is February 18th. Yes, this is after the Super Bowl and right after Valentine’s Day.
Purify for a Healthier 2012.
Join our 3-week Group Detox program and receive $50 OFF! *
Why do I need to purify?
Everyday our bodies are exposed to external toxins such as pollutants, pesticides, and chemicals. At the same time, we internally produce waste byproducts through normal metabolic function. Although our body is designed to release internal and external toxins naturally, there is no living system that has the ability to rid itself completely of all the toxins and waste products it encounters. Over time, this build up leads to an ever increasing toxic load contributing to various medical conditions.
Symptoms of your need to detoxify are:
There are approximately 80,000 chemicals registered for use in the US. The Centers of Disease Control and Prevention reports that hundreds of these chemicals are present in our bodies. Research has shown that many of these chemicals can disrupt our immune, endocrine, nervous and reproductive systems.
Detoxification programs work to enhance your body’s natural ability to detoxify any unwanted substances, improving overall biological function and accelerating the body’s healing process. A healthy detoxification is of utmost importance in a variety of medical conditions and therapeutic procedures.
How do I determine my toxic load?
Your toxic load is the amount of toxins that your body needs to process. By answering the following questions, you may gain some insight.
¨ Yes ¨ No Do you or have you eaten processed foods?
¨ Yes ¨ No Do you eat non-organic fruits and vegetables?
¨ Yes ¨ No Do you eat meat and poultry that are not free range?
¨ Yes ¨ No Do you consume genetically altered food?
¨ Yes ¨ No Do you or have you ever used artificial sweeteners?
¨ Yes ¨ No Do you drink soda?
¨ Yes ¨ No Do the foods you eat have preservatives, additives, dyes, or sweeteners added?
¨ Yes ¨ No Do you eat fast foods and/or eat out regularly?
¨ Yes ¨ No Do you charbroil or grill foods?
¨ Yes ¨ No Do you drink coffee regularly?
¨ Yes ¨ No Do you drink alcohol?
¨ Yes ¨ No Do you drink tap water?
If the majority of your answers are “yes”, then it is likely that your diet contributes significantly to your toxic load. Beyond diet, many external toxins, such as perfumes, cleaners, and pollution, add to your load. You may be exposed to chemicals because of the work you do.
Women in particular need to detoxify every year to get rid of excess estrogen. When the liver and the gut fail to metabolize and excrete estrogen on a monthly basis, estrogen may get reabsorbed and stored in the fat tissue. This can promote tumor development, especially in the breast.
Join our Group Detox program and transform your body and your life.
It's the start of a new year, so it's a great time to get "rid of the old" and get a fresh start for your body, health, and spirit!
This Group Detox program is based on the 21-Day Standard Process Purification program which is designed to cleanse and detoxify your body, decrease inflammation, and initiate healing and weight-loss where necessary*.
Through the consumption of tasty whole food shakes and whole food supplements included in the Standard Process Whole Food Purification kit along with whole, unprocessed, preservative free foods and plenty of pure spring water, your body will receive all the necessary phytonutrients, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that are needed for optimal health.
The 21-Day Purification Program includes:
To learn more about the Standard Process Whole Food Purification Program click here.
Tips and tricks:
· We encourage couples or families to join the program together. In this way, you all eat the same healthy foods and learn healthy eating habits at the same time. You can support each other and transform your lives together. There is no need to make different meals for different people.
· A Vitamix is not necessary but it helps to have a better blender/food processer like a Cuisinart to make the shakes. Vegetables, frozen fruit, etc. are easily processed into a delicious smooth shake.
· A better and bigger blender (6 cups) also allows you to make 4 shakes at a time. You can store them covered for one day in the refrigerator.
· Buy organic lettuce and vegetables and if possible, meat from free-range organic animals. You can usually get these at your local farmers markets. We usually buy our produce, fruit and beef from the Sunday morning farmer’s market at Prinston Plaza (Meridian and Kooser). But also Costco has organic products such as free-range eggs, chicken, wild caught fish, lettuce and frozen berries. Trader Joe’s has a good selection of fresh frozen wild caught fish at affordable prices.
· Make a batch of organic chicken thighs or breasts during the weekend and keep them refrigerated. Together with a mixed salad you can make yourself a quick and healthy lunch during the week.
· Avoid buying the foods which are unhealthy for you, so you don’t get tempted. Just don’t open that bottle of wine!
· Drink mineral spring water. Crystal Geyser and Smart Water are two of the good waters.
· Make enough dinner e.g. main meat or fish dish, so you will have leftovers the next day. This way, you won’t have to cook an entire meal every day.
· Since you will cut out the starches, make an extra vegetable dish instead. Using a variety of vegetables is not only healthy, but it keeps dinner interesting.
· Don’t make more than one time consuming dish for the same meal. Go with an easy vegetable.
A healthy menu for a healthy life. Check our recipes on our website.
The detailed instruction booklet and the daily email give you all the information you need for a successful detox program.
For example, they include a list of foods to eat and which ones you shouldn’t eat. They also include recipes for the shakes as well as meals. Still, many patients are afraid to start the program because they don’t know what to eat and therefore ask us “What do you eat?”
Since healthy food is mostly home cooked food, my wife usually gives patients suggestions or shares some of her healthy recipes. We have now started to put those gluten-free, casein free, sugar free recipes on our website. Here is an example of a healthy menu for your 21-Day Purification Program. You can find the recipes on our website at www.jamiesonhealthcenter.com/diet.htm .
For more information about the 21-Pay Purification Program, call our office at 408-517-0706 or visit our website at http://www.jamiesonhealthcenter.com.
Contraindications and restrictions.
*Please note this program is not for everyone. If you are pregnant or nursing, suffering from any chronic illness or degenerative disease, please call us to make sure this program is right for you.
$50 discount only applicable on the Group Detox Program, which includes the products and services listed above. Not applicable on any other integrative chiropractic or neurofeedback services, herbs or other nutritional supplements.
JAMIESON HEALTH CENTER
Samuel R. Jamieson, D.C.
Emotional Stress Relief
Total Body Modification
1175 Saratoga Ave, Ste 8
San Jose, CA 95129
We’re on the Web!
Seminars we’ve taken.
Since I want to make a difference in your lives and that of your children, I’m constantly trying to keep up with the latest developments in healing practices, clinical research and new discoveries in the area of integrative holistic medicine. To that end, I have attended the following seminars and conferences over the last several months:
· Functional neurology – ongoing at the Carrick Institute of Neurology
· Understanding the complexity of gluten sensitivity
· Breaking the complex web of leaky gut
· Neurochemistry of childhood brain developmental disorders
· The neuroendocrine immunology of andropause
· The neuroendocrine immunology of perimenopause
· The aging brain
· The brain-gut axis
· Nutrition Response Testing
· NeuroIntegration therapy– Level 1 and Level 2 training
· Alpha/Theta training with neurofeedback
· Deep States training with neurofeedback – level 2
· Level 2 advanced neurofeedback training
· Alpha-Theta advanced training
· Autoimmune regulation
· Metabolic Biotransformation: an overview of detoxification and weight management
· Restoring Gastrointestinal Health
· Practical Blood Chemistry
· Neurotransmitters and Brain
· The Thyroid-Brain–Immuno Connection
· Restorative Endocrinology: Balancing Female Hormones in Menopausal Women
· Restorative Endocrinology: Balancing Hormones in Cycling Women
· The Impacts of Estrogen on the NeuroEndocrine-Immune Axis
· Restorative Endocrinology: Balancing Male Hormones
· Advanced Nutrition Therapeutics for Addictions and OCD
Some patients have asked about previous newsletters and they can be found on our website at http://www.jamiesonhealthcenter.com/archive.htm
If you prefer not to receive email messages from us, please reply to this message with “remove” in the subject line or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your name will be removed from our email list, and a confirmation will be sent to you.